How are you currently removing your facial hair? If you’re waxing or tweezing hairs on your face, did you know you could be inadvertently encouraging a thicker hair regrowth. This is because the action of pulling a hair from its root stimulates your blood supply in the area, which causes the hair follicle to be nourished.
Laser hair removal has the opposite effect. It damages the hair follicle in a manner that is not harmful to your health, in order to prevent regrowth. The hair will be removed from the follicle and then not grow back, leaving you with permanently hair free skin on the area you targeted on your face.
To help you decide whether facial hair removal using our lasers is the best option for you, we’ve put together a list of questions we commonly get asked:
- Why is laser hair removal a great choice of treatment method?: It’s painless, permanent and won’t leave you with stubble rash, or an increased regrowth.
- How does it work?: Our laser emits a light, which is then absorbed by the hair follicle. The light energy is converted to heat energy, which damages the follicle and renders it dormant. It disables the follicle sufficiently, so it can produce no further hairs.
- Can anyone have facial laser hair removal?: The device we use has different settings for different skin types and hair colours. However, it may produce better results on brown or black hairs.
- How long does the treatment take?: It depends on the size of the surface area from where the hairs are being removed. Most areas of the face takes just 8 to 10 minutes, but a whole neck can take 20 minutes.
- How many sessions will I need?: As only hairs in their active growing phase can be targeted, you’ll need several sessions to catch the majority of your hair follicles. Your practitioner will be able to advise you on how many sessions you’ll need when you visit us for your consultation.
- Does it hurt?: Facial hair removal treatment may cause slight discomfort, very temporarily, but it is not painful. The sensation has been likened to having an elastic band twanged on your face, or a pinch.
If you’d like to remove some unsightly facial hair using our laser hair removal methods here at our Brighton clinic, please get in touch to book a consultation. We’ll be able to give you a good idea of the results you can expect and more accurate details regarding treatment times when we see you in person.